PMP: 25-Planning Procurement for Your Project
- Online - Self Directed
- 1.50 Hours
- 3 Sessions
- As a project manager, be able to facilitate all activities that pertain to developing the product of a project.
- Know how to best gather information, communicate with stakeholders and develop plans that the project team will use throughout the project lifecycle.
- Define procurement and the value of procurement processes to project activities.
- Understand the different types of contracts that exist: why there are different types of contracts, and who benefits by the stipulations inherent to a specific type of contract.
- Prepare for the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKv5) Certification Exam.
As a project manager, your role will be to facilitate, or you might even say orchestrate, all activities that pertain to developing the product of a project. In doing so, you'll be gathering information, communicating with stakeholders and developing plans that the project team will use throughout the project lifecycle. Part of those plans and directions pertain to the purchase of goods and services needed within the project. This is the Project Procurement Management knowledge area.
Within this course, you will learn the definition of procurement and the value of procurement processes to project activities. You will also cover procurement contracts to understand the different types of contracts that exist; why there are different types of contracts, and who benefits by the stipulations inherent to a specific type of contract.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be well-versed in the definition of procurement as it pertains to project management along with the plan procurement management processes identified within the Project Procurement Management knowledge area.
LearnSmart has served the learning community with high-quality professional skills and IT certification training since 1997. In that time, the company has helped thousands earn career-related certifications from respected vendors, such as Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, Oracle, and EC-Council. LearnSmart offers over 1,000 courses covering IT, project management, administrative, HR, and workplace safety topics. With a rapidly growing clientele of individuals and corporations, LearnSmart serves a broad range of Fortune 500 companies to universities, as well as gov... More information on this instructor.
- No prerequisites for this course.
- A computer with internet.
You are purchasing access to an online class, pre-recorded webinar or any other form of learning that can be started and completed on your schedule. There may or may NOT be any direct interaction with an instructor for this item. Knoitall will communicate with the learning provider to let them know of your purchase. The learning provider will reach out to you directly to give you access to the learning purchased. If the learning provider does not give you access to the learning purchased within 72 hours of purchase, the purchase is voided and you will receive a full refund of your purchase. In addition to your coverage under the Knoitall Buyer Protection Plan, the learning provider may have their own payment terms, which will be listed below.