Management 101: 02-Leading and Communicating as a Manager
- Online - Self Directed
- 1 Hour
- 1 Session
- Learn how to be leaders and explore how to communicate effectively with employees, fellow managers, and senior executives.
- Review the five primary leadership roles that managers serve in business.
- Be able to lead your team and know when your team is being effective.
- Learn the different stages of team development.
- You'll also examine Maslow's hierarchy and consider how that relates to an individual's performance and behavior.
- Study how communication works and principles for chairing a meeting.
Aside from adapting to a new role with increased responsibilities, new managers must learn to be leaders and explore how to communicate effectively with employees, fellow managers, and senior executives.
To train in these areas, you will learn the five primary leadership roles that managers serve in business. Then, you'll go through discussions about leading teams concentrating on how to lead them, about how to know when your team is being effective, and about the different stages of team development. Next, you'll look at effective delegation.
You'll also examine Maslow's hierarchy and consider how that relates to an individual's performance and behavior. Finally, you'll study how communication works and principles for chairing a meeting.
LearnSmart has served the learning community with high-quality professional skills and IT certification training since 1997. In that time, the company has helped thousands earn career-related certifications from respected vendors, such as Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, Oracle, and EC-Council. LearnSmart offers over 1,000 courses covering IT, project management, administrative, HR, and workplace safety topics. With a rapidly growing clientele of individuals and corporations, LearnSmart serves a broad range of Fortune 500 companies to universities, as well as gov... More information on this instructor.
- No prerequisites for this course.
- A computer with internet.
You are purchasing access to an online class, pre-recorded webinar or any other form of learning that can be started and completed on your schedule. There may or may NOT be any direct interaction with an instructor for this item. Knoitall will communicate with the learning provider to let them know of your purchase. The learning provider will reach out to you directly to give you access to the learning purchased. If the learning provider does not give you access to the learning purchased within 72 hours of purchase, the purchase is voided and you will receive a full refund of your purchase. In addition to your coverage under the Knoitall Buyer Protection Plan, the learning provider may have their own payment terms, which will be listed below.